Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This and that

I'm not doing so great on the whole "I'll blog every day" thing, huh?

I'm still struggling with getting a routine going--which means I'm still struggling with not sleeping in and not watching TV all day... I haven't gotten a war room set up yet, and I think that's a big part of my failures to stay on task. I have all of these bedrooms, and I planned to make one of them into a treadmill/craft room/office, but I realized yesterday that it's in the half of the house that is only 55 degrees, so the likelihood of my spending lots of time back there, doing work, is... nil. The room I'm using as my living room has a big area that's not being used right now, so I'm going to set up my table there so I can be warm (ish--I still only have the heat at 65), be near the dog, have TV on if I want to, and yet still be working. It'll make the living room less homey and cozy, but maybe it'll encourage me to keep the desk neat...

So I have an old, shitty sliding glass door leaning up against my house:


I'm afraid it's going to break in a big storm--plus, it looks so good--so I want to get rid of it, but I don't know what to do with it. I would donate it to Habitat for Humanit, but (a) it really is a shitty door, and (b) I don't have a truck. Any ideas? Craigslist? ???

No comments: