(Ignoring the leak issue for the present...)
My plan was to do solid bamboo flooring on as many of the floors as possible. Until I talked to my potential installer last night and remembered I will have a slab home... it's difficult to do non-floating (i.e., solid) wood floors on a concrete floor. Blast.
So now I have to seriously consider engineered flooring or, worse yet, laminate, which I normally hate. I browsed the Lumber Liquidators site for some options, and found some good ones--some of the laminates even look pretty nice! Without having seen them in person, here they are, in approximate order (likingest to least likingest):
1. DUDE. The price is right. And, with the exception of a few bitter people, this flooring is reviewed overwhelmingly positively. I could do all of the areas I was hoping to do AND the "fun room" at this price!!!
2. I have no specific comments yet.
3. This one neither.
5. Ahem. I will be editing these.
6. See the reviews for better pictures than the site provides.
7. See the reviews for better pictures than the site provides.
8. I kinda like the color, which obviously is darker than the rest I've chosen, but not so much the wider plank.... Looks fake-y, non?