Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quote of the Day

I met with General Contractor Greg today. He had lots of good ideas, and I want to do them all. But I don't have that kind of money. Soooo...

Anyway, Greg doesn't think there's a leaking pipe under the slab in the kitchen. He thinks there's definitely a leak back in the master bath, and I agree about that, but he doesn't think the house needs to be replumbed. I... I just... I don't know what to think. So I'm going to spring for the leak detection service, see what they say, and go from there. Greg encouraged me to do that, too, if only for peace of mind. What's another $350?... Payday is so close... but so close BEHIND me. :-/ If we can figure out where the leaks are, then we can fix them.

The coordination issues with my floor installer eased up big-time today, which is good for me. It's not as good for him, since part of the ease comes from his getting fired today, but it'll all work out. At least now he won't have to drive back and forth 2.5 hours every few days, and he can just come down and get the floors done. And it's much more likely that I can move in by June 1, which means $300/month savings in rent! (Just you hush about what I'm going to be shelling out for every other little thing I need for the house, just HUSH.)

It's a little frightening to realize how fast my reno budget will go. Three rooms, boom! Not much left.

Ok. It's all a little frightening. I still can't believe this is even happening. This could be my last reno-free weekend for a very, very long time.

EEEEK.

1 comment:

BAGS said...

Well, I'd say that's probably the best news you could've hoped for in this situation! I think the leak detection service is totally worth the $350..I mean, dude, you WANT this effing house! :)

Good luck and keep me abreast!