Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Yes, that's my practice area...

So here I am at work, reading a case for a petition... In a footnote (hi, Professor Bradley! I still read them!), the court in the case notes that the Medicaid Act has been called one of the "most completely impenetrable tests within human experience" and "dense reading of the most tortuous kind." State v. Hammans, 870 N.E.2d 1071, 1075 (Ind. Ct. App. 2007) (quoting Johnson v. Guhl, 166 F.Supp. 2d 42, 46 (D.N.J. 2001)).

Hahaha, yes. It's true. I should pull out this quote every time someone suggests that my area of law is interesting. While that's nice to say, very encouraging, you know, it's completely inaccurate. My area of law is important, and it's challenging, but it's not particularly interesting. Exciting, maybe (to nerds like me who like statutes and codes and such), because it's an ever-changing area of law, but interesting? Um. No.

No comments: