Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm stupid

I started back on the Pill recently, after having been off of it for almost a year. Before, I was on Ortho Tricyclen, which I liked all right--except for the weight that I gained when I started it and lost when I stopped it. So this time, I decided to try Ortho Tricyclen Lo, hoping that maybe I wouldn't gain weight and that I'd have fewer side effects in general. Well, when I gained 6 pounds in the first week, I started to get a little nervous, and I've been feeling apprehensive about how this particular pill is going to work for me.

Then, last week, I missed a pill, and a few days later, I started my period, kinda (girls, you know what I mean). I was pissed--I kept thinking, I'm going to have this weird semi-period, then a few days off, then I'm going to be done with the pack and I'm going to start my for-real period. What a bunch of bullcrap. So I've been debating whether I should do that or whether I should just skip the sugar pills and go straight into the next pack, which never worked for me before but who knows, it's a new pill. I sat down to do a little online research about missing a pill, etc., when it suddenly hit me: I hadn't actually missed a pill. I had forgotten that, although I thought initially I had missed a pill, I discovered the next evening that I actually had taken it--I just, ahem, had had enough to drink that I didn't remember taking it. (But seriously, what a good girl, remembering to take my pill!)

Anyway, after a moment of self-congratulation, I started to freak out a little. If I hadn't missed a pill, then why was I having this weird semi-period? Is this going to happen every time? Because that is just not ok. I mean, this is more than just "breakthrough bleeding." I can't be having this and then having a for-real period, too. I started to examine my pill pack and count how many pills I had left, to try to decide whether or not to take the sugar pills...

Oh wait.

The sugar pills.

There are only 4 of them left.

Yeah.



P.S. Read yesterday's post. Then read this one. Yeah. This is one of those ridiculous things.

No comments: